for visitors who seek to find out more about our business and to purchase our products using this website. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner as a data controller and we try our utmost to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our contact details are: kodak opticians: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our data protection officer is: asif masood email@example.com
2. Data Collected About You:
Personal data relating to Internet users viewing or using the website may be collected via the website on each of the following occasions:
- Data regarding navigation may be collected by our web servers or by cookies when you are browsing the website;
- Data regarding your identity and email address may be collected if and when you decide to send us an email to us through the Site, for instance via the ‘Contact’ page or where you submit an Order Form in accordance with our Terms & Conditions;
- data regarding your identity may be collected by the website when you register for online ordering; and
- data regarding your identity, prescription details as contained on any prescription or other relevant supporting information that you provide to us, whether by email, telephone, fax or post.
- Personal data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide goods and relevant services, including after sales services in accordance with our Terms & Conditions.
This data does not allow us to directly identify you, however, it records data related to your browsing on our site.
We may use third-party advertisers or affiliates to advertise on our webpages. These advertisers or affiliates may separately pin-point or recollect a cookie file on your browser in the course of processing adverts on the site. We’re unable to view the information collected in third party cookies. We do not relay personal data about you to these third-party advertisers or affiliates or any external party.
The systematic use of your personal data is not required if you only want to visit our website. In this situation, you may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly. However, refusing cookies is likely to disrupt your navigation on our site.
3. What is a cookie:
The website makes use of the following types of cookie technology:
- Session cookies allow users to be recognized within the website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page. The most common example of this functionality is the shopping cart feature of the website. When you visit one particular page and select some items, the session cookie remembers your selection so your shopping cart will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out. Without session cookies, if you click CHECKOUT, the new page would not recognize your past activities on prior pages and your shopping cart will always be empty.
- Script generate cookies are automatically assigned to your computer when you register to access any restricted areas of the website and each time they are accessed. It only contains an i.d, which will enable the website to identify you as a registered user, this allows you move from one server to another during your visit without having to identify yourself repeatedly. It will remain on your computer until it’s removed. It will be repeat the process again at your next visit.
4. Third-Party Cookies
We do not disclose buyers’ information to third parties other than when order details are processed to fulfil the order. In this case, the third party will not disclose any of the details to any other third party.
5. Removing/Disabling Cookies
For more detailed information on how to disable or remove cookies, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/
6. Information Collected About You:
6.1. Data Collected By Web Servers & Cookies:
The web servers serving the website collect the IP addresses of the website users, their navigation information such as the page requested, time of request, browser type and server response) as well as the user name if the user has registered to any restricted areas of the site.
This information is regularly aggregated so that the number of visits to the website and its pages, the average time spent on the website and the pages viewed, etc, can be analysed to in turn improve our customers shopping experience by improving the web content and functionality and marketing strategies. This information will not be used to create individual website user profiles. We will not track the individual navigation of web users, except in the very unlikely cases where the web user encounters navigation difficulties or possible website intrusion.
How Long We Keep Personal Data We Collect:
|Type of Data||Retention Period|
|Identifiable date, including prescription and dispensing details||Minimum of 9 years|
|Financial data||Not stored on any of our database|
|IT data that is non-identifiable||5 years|
6.2. Data Collected On Sending An Email
When sending us emails, we will not use any information for purposes other than responding to your message.
The supplied data will be kept on the Site’s secured servers and computer systems, protected from outside intrusions.
6.3. Data Collected Through Submission of Order Form:
Copy of your optical prescription from a registered ophthalmic medical practitioner or registered optometrist is required. You are also required to provide the personal information set out in the Order Form.
This information and all other relevant information is processed by us for the purpose of processing your Order Form, deliver you your order and perform our obligations to you in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. Please call or e-mail us if you do not wish to register, but would still like product or service information.
If you tick the box on the “Checkout/Details" page that you are interested in receiving news/updates from Glasses Complete, your personal data will be then used for direct marketing purposes. Except as expressly stated in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and in our Terms & Conditions your email messages your details will not be passed to any other organisation or third parties without your permission.
7. Transfer Of Data Collected:
Data collected through the website may be transferred to others in the following cases:
- at your request to recipients specified by you;
- to recipients who are operators acting on our behalf, service provider or in any other capacity, including web developers hosting the website or maintaining the site;
- to our optical laboratories;
- in case of a business acquisition or takeover of the whole or part of the assets or business of GlassesComplete Limited, the data collected through this site will be transferred to the new acquiring entity.
8. Access To Data Rights:
By law you have the following rights regarding data:
- To know whether we hold any personal data about you and to obtain a copy of that information;
- To get personal data relating to you amended, completed, updated, blocked or erased when incomplete, unclear, obsolete or processed unlawfully;
- Objection to the processing of data relating to you on legitimate grounds and a right to the use of data for solicitation purposes.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the subject data law, please contact us in writing at the address set out on the Site with enough information to identify yourself and the information you require with your contact details. Response to your request will be made within 40 days. We reserve the right to charge £10 for complying with your request of the subject data.
Unless data is supplied elsewhere as set out in this policy, the data supplied by you will be securely and responsibly stored on the websites secure servers and I.T systems, protected from external intrusions.
We implement and maintain sophisticated technical measures to help process your data in a secure non-compromising way.
All staff members who have access or control personal data undergo regular training that covers data protection and enter into non-disclosure or similar agreements, which imposes obligations on them to comply with our data privacy and confidentiality requirements.
10. Website Links:
The website may contain web-links to other websites. We do not have any control nor promote the privacy policies or the Terms & Conditions of these websites reached through the links from our website. You will need to decide whether the terms and policies of these websites are acceptable. We accept no responsibility for the content or the privacy and conditions set out by such other websites.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy. Any such changes will appear on this page. By continuing to use this website and its facilities you are deemed to accept any subsequent changes to this policy.
12. Contacting Us:
If you require any further information about any aspect of this policy or want to discuss with us how your data is handled by us, please contact us either via e-mail, phone or post.